The Chosen of Tunare

Öffentliches Rollenspielforum
Bitte alle Out-of-Character Postings anderswo unterbringen

The Chosen of Tunare

Beitragvon Ahlanah » Mi 07 Nov, 2001 15:27

FIRIONA MEETS THE KING<br><br>Factions of good and evil throughout Norrath grew restless, in their endless stagnation. Balance prevented either side from growing stronger.<br><br>Felwithe royalty succumbed to the love of creature comforts as well as to the satisfaction of ownership and began to move away from Tunare's concepts of balance. Dark elven spies, having disguised themselves and hidden away inside Felwithe and the surrounding areas, had noted this, encouraged it, and planned to exploit it to their own ends.<br><br>The graft and corruption in Felwithe spread, along with the belief in High Elven superiority, to the detriment of their relation with other elven races. Only a very few of the most devout of Tunare's followers, Galeth Veredeth in particular, retained his objectivity, though he could see that there was little he could do in the face of this dissolution. The corruption had invaded every aspect of the city and caused suspicion and mistrust. Galeth was accused of having spoken out against the King, which was nearly true, since Galeth retained his belief in Tunare and Her ways. Unfortunately, his closest friend and fellow warrior, who did so purely for personal gain, made the accusation. <br><br>Tunare was dismayed at the growth of evil in the land, some of which hid behind the name of good. Her need for Balance prompted her to select a Champion, one who would come from the very race which needed it most, the High Elves. Knowing that the child must be raised and trained to be Pure, she determined that it must be raised by someone other than its mother. She selected the parentage of the child carefully.<br><br>Fortunetellers in the darker parts of town began to have mysterious visions of a future in which Balance was restored and Tunare visited Her wrath upon those who had turned their backs on Her. Though their prophecies were couched in vague and mystical terms, the sense of them reached the wrong ears, and public executions were made at the hands of the Church of Tunare who declared them heretics.<br><br>The High Elven Queen, one of those devout followers of Tunare who had fallen out of favor, languished in her palace, largely ignored by her husband the King. She wept, often, in the tower room where she slept. In her distress, she enlisted the aid of a hedgewitch who she hoped would create a potion that would cause her husband to once again love her. The Queen herself would consume the potion, once created. When she quaffed the mysteriously glowing potion, she fell into a deep sleep during which she dreamt vividly of her husband coming to her in the night and loving her, tenderly and with great affection. In the late morning of the next day, she rose, glowing and pleased, thinking he had returned to her bed and her life, only to meet him at breakfast and found he was his normal bitter and contemptuous self. Her disappointment was more than she could bear. She returned to her rooms and rarely left them again.<br><br>Months later, the Queen found herself with child and decided to hide it from the King, thinking in her madness that she would punish him. She sought out the hedgewitch once again and begged her to help. For the next few months, the Queen feigned an illness, which kept her apart from the Court. The King had no interest and did not investigate further. When her lying-in time arrived, she was attended only by the halfling witch and died in childbirth. The death was reported to the King as a result of the illness. His apathy was boundless. Meanwhile, the child was spirited away into the night.<br><br>Galeth Veredeth raised the child in an austere hut deep in the woods of Lesser Faydark. He taught her combat, built her strength and character, insisted on scrupulous honesty and hard work. She had no comfort in her life, but did not miss what she had never known. Her mentor spoke rarely and kept his feelings to himself. She made friends with the creatures of the forest, who understood her and they communicated easily. She gained an uncomplicated understanding of the principles of Balance. Good and Evil to her were as light and dark, high and low - two halves of one whole. She saw neither as more or less desirable, but accepted that they must balance one another for the whole to exist.<br><br>Firiona was raised to young adulthood at which point Tunare bade her go forth to learn of the ways of the races of Norrath. She left her safe haven and traveled. <br><br>Firiona, leaving Faydwer, felt instinctively that it was best to explore elsewhere and found herself in Antonica and later, in Odus. In her explorations, she grew aware of the unrest that began before her birth and sensed that it was growing. She felt the imbalance of evil and knew in her heart that it would ultimately destroy her world. As she traveled, she heard rumors of a continent known as Kunark, and made her way there to explore. She gathered items that were rare and wondrous, fighting creatures both dangerous and awe-inspiring, particularly those that hinted to her of the existence of a conclave of dragons.<br><br>Firiona sought out and found the Ring of Scale. She defeated a chimera - a magickal creature which disappeared in smoke as she struck what would certainly have been a deathblow. The dragons admitted her to their presence and permitted her to ask one boon, in return for some sacrifice of her own. The Ring agreed to restore balance to the world, but only if Firiona gave up some knowledge of her own. She agreed, not realizing that the dragons planned to remove that knowledge from her conscious memory entirely not just ask her to share.<br><br>During the time Firiona searched, Galeth had become an integral part of the Felwithe army once again. Taking a party of students on a training journey, they traveled through the forests, camping by day and traveling by night. Unknown to them, the King of Felwithe had set out on a trip of his own, goaded by the whispers and rumors he'd been hearing of a child born in Felwithe who would return to upset his dynasty. He traveled the woods with a small retinue, secretly and disguised as a commoner, to find and destroy this child.<br><br>In spite of the extreme precautions taken by the King and his tiny party, word of their adventure reached the ears of enemies. A party of dark elves laid in wait for them as they approached the passage to Lesser Faydark. The King and his party were ambushed. The guards fought valiantly, but were no match for the greater numbers of the Teir`Dal party. Galeth and his students, guided by whispers from Tunare, arrived on the scene as the Teir`Dal crowded around the King and taunted him - preparing to assassinate him. Galeth's students and he accomplished what the King's own Guard was unable to do, slaughtering the entire group of ambushers and saving the life of the King. When the battle was finally over, the King insisted that Galeth remove his helm that he might look upon the face of his rescuer. The King recognized Galeth and after a long, tense moment, embraced him and welcomed him back. The "sins" of the past were forgotten in the King's relief at being saved.<br><br>Having left the Ring of Scale, Firiona was at first bereft of memory entirely. It returned to her in bits and pieces as she recovered, but she could not remember the dragons at all. Her concern over the world's balance was no longer even a vague memory. She remembered little but Tunare sending her out to explore and learn. She resolved to continue to do so, and to try and recover her memory as she did.<br><br>Having returned, eventually to Faydwer, Firiona wandered Greater Faydark and found herself in Kelethin. She frequented the taverns, taking advantage of the tendency of bar patrons to talk once she had bought them a few drinks. She encountered a drunkard who cried into his ale as he recited a nursery rhyme to her. She recognized parts of it that brought back parts of her memory, particularly those of Galeth Veredeth. Her first priority, however, since it was a responsibility given to her by Tunare, was to find and bond with the magickal horned creature who lived in Lesser Faydark, Equestrielle. <br><br>After boding with the unicorn, Equestrielle, her memories of Galeth became clear. She sought him in their forest home, to no avail. Her bond with the unicorn, however, helped to lead her to him. She followed Equestrielle to the Gates of Felwithe, where the unicorn told her she may not follow, but that Tunare would not allow her to continue alone... that she would ever have a companion who would guide and protect her. Equestrielle disappeared in a blue haze as Firiona entered the city.<br><br>Upon entering the gates, a wolf appeared before her and licked her hand. She recognized the power of Tunare in the creature and accepted it as her familiar. Firiona, with her canine companion, entered the city in which she was born yet has never seen. As she wandered the streets of the city, creatures began to follow her, slowly, as if she were their leader. Local strays, wolves, rats, all the creatures of the city began to trail after her. She began to cause a commotion simply by virtue of her presence. Some of the townspeople, particularly tavern and shop owners became indignant and even incensed. They raised a hue and cry in the town until the guards arrived to investigate. Galeth, who had been training recruits, heard the furor and wandered out into the street. There he saw Firiona and welcomed her back. <br><br>Since the King's rescue in the forest, Galeth was restored to his position among the Paladins of Tunare, and had once again became a confidante to the King himself. The King, much older, and even a bit wiser now, had explained to Galeth his mission in the forest that fateful night. Galeth, recognizing the truth of the tales, realized that Firiona was in danger unless he can make the King understand the truth about her. His dilemma was that he knew the King would not be happy to learn of her existence as the Queen's child, and expected that the King might still wish to put her to death because of the prophecies. He prayed to Tunare for aid.<br><br>The king planned an evening of feasting and revelry in the palace to celebrate Galeth's return and in the course of the evening's entertainment, a bard performed a song. The lyrics of the song referred to a woman, child of Tunare, daughter of a queen, to whom the animals speak. It is performed as a love song, but it reminded the King of the prophecies that had so distressed him in the past. He became irate and stormed over to the bard, tossing away his instrument and striking him. The surprised bard jumped back and cowered, awaiting his fate.<br><br>Galeth tried to calm the King, leading him back to his seat at the head table, and offering him his wine goblet from which to drink. The King drank it down in one draught. The frightened bard scurried from the hall. As the King mellowed and relaxed, a pale woman entered, wearing a diaphanous white gown. She walked to the head table and stood, silently, in front of the King. Galeth whispered loudly enough for the King and others nearby to hear, "The Queen..."<br><br>The King looked into the face of his Queen and paled. He had no doubt that he was facing the spirit of his long dead wife. His certainty was so infectious that others of the court stared in horror. As the crowd grew grimly quiet, the apparition spoke in a monotone; "My daughter comes... You spurned me, and I stole her from you, yet she returns to you, now, when you need her. Destroy her and you incur the wrath of Tunare, for it is She who writes your destiny in the Book of Time. Welcome her and restore the glory that once was." Suddenly and mysteriously, the vision vanished amid a blue haze.<br><br>The King turned to Galeth in horror, saying, "What is the meaning of this?"<br><br>"Sire, there was a child born, while your wife lay in self-imposed exile. She was taken from the castle under dark of night, and hidden from you. It was Tunare's will, sire. Nothing less." The paladin's face was grim.<br><br>"This child... who is she? Where is she? I must make amends! This ghost of my queen... her message... it is portentous indeed! I MUST find my daughter!"<br><br>From among the crowd, a tall high elf swordmaiden arose and walked to the King's table. If she felt fear, it was not evident in either her face or stride. Galeth Veredeth stood and moved to her side. <br><br>"Your highness," said the paladin, "may I present Firiona Vie."<br><br>Firiona knelt in humility and reverence to the King and remained in that position until he bid her to rise.<br><br>"Stand, my child! Stand and take your place at my side!" The King hastily jumped up and rushed to her side. He raised her from her kneeling position, held her by the shoulders and looked deeply into her face. "Yes, yes, I can see it. Your mother's eyes, yes. Oh, how could she have kept you from me? But no matter... this is cause for celebration indeed! Bards, play! Actors, play! All, drink! Join me in my joy!"<br><br>The King ushered Firiona to a seat by his side at the table. The feasting continued throughout the evening.<br><br><br><br>FIRIONA MEETS THE MOTHER<br><br>Firiona sought the aid of a devout follower of Tunare in order to learn how best to honor the Lady for her aid and protection in the battle that became to be known as "Bloody Kithicor". Simple prayer and thanks would not suffice. She heard of one named Mirriana who dwelled within city of Kelethin. <br><br>After gaining the aid of some kind strangers, Firiona was presented to Mirriana who was, unbeknownst to her, the lifelong friend of Sionachie. <br><br>Firiona smiled at the Wood Elven woman, "Hail, Sister of Tunare! I seek your wisdom and guidance." <br><br>Mirriana looked up at Firiona with a calm confidence. She smiled sweetly upon Firiona and reached out to take her by the hands. "How may I help you, Elder Sister?"<br><br>Pleased by the warmth with which she was received, Firiona continued, "Our Lady has blessed me, Mirriana, and I have no knowledge of the ways of the Sisterhood. How may I properly pay my respects for the Honor she does me?"<br><br>Mirriana turned to a chest near the wall and pulled forth a book. "It has been said from ancient times that Tunare must be invited to appear to those whom she favors most. There have been none such in remembered history, but the Old Tales tell us that She would make her presence known to mortal creatures here in our sacred forest, if the ritual is followed. I have found an ancient tome that describes what you must do."<br><br>Opening the book and carefully turning the pages, Mirriana continued. "It says, 'Thirteen women, Mother's Children, pure of heart and mind. First ye form a circle wide, purify the space inside, call the Quarters - Air and Waters, Fire and Earth, and Spirit bide. Chant the power, note the hour, moonlight brings the sweetest flower.'"<br><br>Mirriana looked up to see Firiona drinking in the words she spoke. Mirriana elaborated, "First, you must find twelve young women with whom you can call upon the Mother. All must be followers of Tunare, and pure of heart and mind. Each must volunteer to aid you in your quest to see the face of the Lady."<br><br>Firiona nodded one final time, memorizing the steps she needed to take. Then, rising, she thanked the druid for her aid and went forth to plead with others for their aid.<br><br>Firiona shouted with a voice both pure and strong, "Sisters of Tunare! I seek an audience with the Mother of All. In order to raise the energy needed to bring her to us, we must be thirteen in number! I need 12 followers of Tunare, who are pure of heart and mind, who will join me in summoning the Lady. I believe I know what must be done, but I will need your help!"<br><br>Firiona soon found twelve devout women and led them to a suitable spot where the sky could be seen and the moon would be visible. Guiding them into a circle, she stood in the middle. Four women each were stationed to the North, South, East and West points of the circle. Once all were in place and the timing was just so, Firiona began the ritual.<br><br>In a loud voice, Firiona began, "Sisters of Tunare! The blessings of Tunare be upon you this eve. Join me with hearts and minds. Raise power and join it together - this night Tunare must appear to us!"<br><br>Firiona faced North and raised her sword to the sky, calling out in a clear voice, "Mother of All, we seek audience with You. To that end, we create this Circle of Power as a place of safety and sanctity."<br><br>Firiona then walked to Norena, one of the higher ranking devout who was stationed at the north point of the circle, and stopped. Holding her sword in front of her, point down, and she nodded to Norena.<br><br>Norena incanted, "Spirit of Earth, lend this gathering the strength and constance of rock, the bones of the Mother. Guardian of the North, watch over this Circle and keep it safe from harm." As Norena called forth the blessing, tiny speckles of light green began to fall around her like leaves dropping gently in autumn.<br><br>Firiona walked to Estrina, the elder devout at the east point of the circle, and stopped. Holding her sword in front of her, point down, and she nodded to Estrina.<br><br>Estrina shouted, "Spirit of Air, lend this gathering the freshness and lift of wind, the breath of the Mother. Guardian of the East, imbue this space with the breath of Life itself." As the blessing was given, a sweet, cooling breeze washed over each of them.<br><br>Firiona made her way to Sudaria at the south point of the circle, and stopped. Holding her sword in front of her, point down, and she nodded to Sudaria.<br><br>Sudaria raised her deep voice and said, "Spirit of Water, lend this gathering the life-giving touch of water, the blood of the Mother, Guardian of the South, cleanse this Circle and wash away impurities." As she finished, a gentle dew began to fall upon them.<br><br>Finally, Firiona walked to Oestra, the elder devout to the west point of the circle. Again, she held her sword in front of her, point down, and then nodded to Oestra.<br><br>Oestra said, "Spirit of Fire, lend this gathering the purifying power of flame, the emotion of the Mother. Guardian of the West, burn away and banish negativity, and warm us with your gentle heat." As she finished, she raised her hands skyward as she was enveloped in a flash cool orange flame.<br><br>Firiona walked again to Norena, at the northern point of the circle, holding her sword in front of her. Nodding toward Norena, she shouted, "Mother of all, close this Circle and make it your sacred space!"<br><br>Firiona raised the point of her sword to the sky, having scribed the boundaries of the sacred space. She paused a moment and then moved to the center of the Circle. Then turning again to face North she said, "Spirit of Life, Spirit of Thought, Spirit Eternal! Lend this gathering the infinite power of the Mind, the power of the Mother. Guardian of Spirits, gather the energies of this Circle and make of it a holy and sacred place!"<br><br>With that, a shower of multicolored sparks dropped from the sky and like tiny falling stars, fell all about the circle. As the lights surrounded them, Firiona, Norena, Estrina, Sudaria and Oestra each began to channel the energies of The Mother. Waves of powerful golden energy began to rise up from the ground, washing through the circle, spiraling all around them and then rushing up again, straight toward the center of the circle into the clear moonlit sky.<br><br>Firiona shouted, "The Circle is cast! Let any who enter do so of their own free will! The sanctity of this space is inviolate!"<br><br>Putting her sword away and raising her hands to the moon above, she began to chant and encouraged the others within the circle to join her in raising power. As one, the circle chanted, "Tunare, Mother of All, come to us on the moonlight!"<br><br>The treetops quivered and the air filled with the buzzing of magickal energies being raised deep in the Faydark woods. Soft voices were barely audible on the gentle breezes wafting through Norrath. They seemed to whisper, "Tunare! The Mother!"<br><br>It was then that she appeared to them. The Great Mother, floating on strands of moonlight gracefully drifted into the center of the circle. Her golden hair was the sun, her skin the richest cream. She wore raiment green as the color of life itself.<br><br>Tunare smiled fondly at Firiona Vie. "My child..."<br><br>As Firiona kneeled before Tunare, the Mother told her, "Rise, my Child. You have done well. Your travels in Norrath have gained you much knowledge and your understanding of Balance is commendable. You have been more instrumental than you know in restoring the Balance which must exist, in order to preserve Life in Norrath. I am pleased with you, Firiona."<br><br>"My Lady, you honor me. I am your servant in all things. I seek a favor of you, My Lady, if you find me worthy, I pray that if you find me worthy you would grant it."<br><br>Tunare looked upon her with great love and said, "Firiona, dear, you are My Chosen. What boon would you have of Me?"<br><br>"I seek to restore my memories, for lately I have been regaining memories I did not know I had. I seek to know myself as I have learned this world, at your bidding."<br><br>Tunare smiled at Firiona with a soft expression in her eyes. She held out a hand and in it appeared a wondrous scepter, its tip crowned with a magickal jewel. Looking into this glowing stone, one would feel as though they had glimpsed the vast reaches of the cosmos.<br><br>Leaning forward, she passed the sceptre to Firiona. As she did so, Firiona staggered slightly, then fell to her knees, one hand to her brow. Firiona moaned softly as a flood of memories returned to her, an ancient battle, narrowly averted, and the dragonkind who were responsible for it. Responsible too, for Firiona's forgetfulness. Firiona's face grows grim.<br><br>Firiona rose and stood before Tunare, the scepter in her hand and a resolute expression on her face. "My Lady, it was the Ring of Scale, I see that now. They must answer for their trickery in manipulating my memories. I would have your blessing and protection for a journey to the far island on which they dwell."<br><br>"Firiona, Firiona... remember that you need not ever be alone in this world. You recall those who have been your comrades in the past?"<br><br>As Firiona nodded, Tunare continued, "Seek them out, My Child, and restore them as you have been restored. First, find your chronicler. Remember the child who sought you first? Seek that one. She needs you and will be of great importance to you in days to come. She still sings the history of the elves. Find her in the trees..."<br><br>The Voice of Tunare, heard throughout the forests of Faydark, faded away to a whisper to be replaced by the rustling of leaves. Her visible presence became faint and shimmered, breaking into a thousand fireflies which dissipate into the shadows.<br><br>Firiona shouted, "Spirits of Earth, Air, Water, Fire and Life! Guardians of Norrath, go in peace and fellowship! You have our gratitude for your presence this night! The Circle is ended! Go with the grace of Tunare!" Overflowing with gratitude but anxious to begin the work that The Great Mother had planned for her, Firiona thanked each of the women graciously and left immediately, searching for the woman about whom Tunare spoke.<br> <br> <p></p><i></i>
BildAhlanah Bild"Failure is just an option for a Non-God..."
Ahlanah
Vereinsvorstand
Marshal

Zurück zu Taverne