Endlich werden die übermächtigen Paladine generft...

Forum für öffentliche Diskussionen rund um das Online-Spiel "Everquest"

Endlich werden die übermächtigen Paladine generft...

Beitragvon Chili » Sa 19 Okt, 2002 13:10

Currently at 60, the Slay Undead paladin has certainly invested a great deal of points into the power given by slay undead. This is a large and meaningful advantage for the paladin, in that it brings him up greatly in situational damage with absolutely no downside. There is nothing inherently wrong with that. <br><br>The issue is that there are no amount of AAs the warrior can buy to also raise his situational damage by such a large amount. This means that before AA, the paladin is always producing somewhat less damage than a warrior; and after AA the paladin is sometimes producing as much damage as a warrior at 60th level. This problem grows more noticeably in margin post 60 and becomes an increasing issue in Planes of Power. <br><br>We've intentionally tried to add more undead creatures to give classes with situational advantages a place to use them. We want people to be able to make use of their anti-undead spell lines, their anti-summoned spells, and of course any specialty AAs. However, the amount of gain given by Slay Undead is too good to have no downside associated with it. Classes need to stay in relative balance with roughly equal AA expenditures. <br><br>We like the idea of this ability from a roleplaying and a gameplay standpoint. But it needs to be altered to make it more balanced. So we'll be making a change to Slay Undead and refunding the points for this AA ability on Monday. <br><br>NOTE: We've also changed the way that the refund works. Unspent AA points over 30 will only be deleted when you first zone after the patch. So you will have time to spend these points after you log in but before you zone. <br><br>We will be changing Slay Undead in two ways. <br><br>The ability will now be activated by a button. You will be able to turn it on and off as you see fit. The drawback is that using this ability requires the attention and intense focus of the Paladin. His intensity leaves him vulnerable to attacks, while inspiring the undead to greater strength. Strikes made against the Paladin using Slay Undead will do more damage than they usually do. Obviously this amount will vary dependent on all the factors that can affect combat (level, equipment and such), but we expect the amount of damage increase to be something near 15%.<br><br>We wanted to let you know before the change goes Live on Monday. <p><table border="0" width="513"> <tr> <td width="85"><b>written by</b></td> </tr><tr> <td width="85"><b>RealLife</b></td> <td width="150">Torsten Raithel</td><td width="100">(Board-Admin)</td><td width="270"><a href="mailto:torsten.raithel@tark-online.de">torsten.raithel@tark-online.de</a></td> </tr> <tr> <td width="85"><b>EverQuest</b></td> <td width="150">Ghumb Inyourway (Oger-Krieger)</td> <td width="100">Leonore (Elfenbardin)</td> <td width="270"> </td> </tr><td width="85"><b>UltimaOnline</b></td> <td width="150">Eleonora (Barde)</td> <td width="100"></td> </tr></table><br>A small mind is a tidy mind...</p><i></i>
Behind every great Mage, sits a Priest, out of Mana...
I love my Guildies, until they talk...

Das einzige was einen guten Mage aufhält:
StGB SS328 Absatz 2.3: Mit Freiheitsstrafe bis zu fünf Jahren oder mit Geldstrafe wird bestraft, wer eine nukleare Explosion verursacht
Chili
Vereinsmitglied
Grand Marshal

klasse

Beitragvon Aurene Bitterherz » Mo 21 Okt, 2002 12:34

Was für eine riesen S*******!!!!! <p></p><i></i>
Aurene Bitterherz
Registrierter Benutzer
Corporal

Re: klasse

Beitragvon Faniae » Mo 21 Okt, 2002 12:47

... wurde doch schon wieder dementiert ... :-) <p>Written by<table border="0" width="513"><tr><td width="56"><b>RL</b></td><td width="82">Marc</td><td width="79"></td><td width="270"> meggerl@aol.com
Faniae
Registrierter Benutzer
Knight-Champion

Re: klasse

Beitragvon Chili » Mo 21 Okt, 2002 16:01

Aus welchem Grunde auch immer haben sich die Paladine dagegen gewehrt.....<br>Und dies erfolgreich.<br>Der Change wurde zurückgenommen ;) <p><table border="0" width="513"> <tr> <td width="85"><b>written by</b></td> </tr><tr> <td width="85"><b>RealLife</b></td> <td width="150">Torsten Raithel</td><td width="100">(Board-Admin)</td><td width="270"><a href="mailto:torsten.raithel@tark-online.de">torsten.raithel@tark-online.de</a></td> </tr> <tr> <td width="85"><b>EverQuest</b></td> <td width="150">Ghumb Inyourway (Oger-Krieger)</td> <td width="100">Leonore (Elfenbardin)</td> <td width="270"> </td> </tr><td width="85"><b>UltimaOnline</b></td> <td width="150">Eleonora (Barde)</td> <td width="100"></td> </tr></table><br>A small mind is a tidy mind...</p><i></i>
Behind every great Mage, sits a Priest, out of Mana...
I love my Guildies, until they talk...

Das einzige was einen guten Mage aufhält:
StGB SS328 Absatz 2.3: Mit Freiheitsstrafe bis zu fünf Jahren oder mit Geldstrafe wird bestraft, wer eine nukleare Explosion verursacht
Chili
Vereinsmitglied
Grand Marshal

Zurück zu Everquest, Öffentlich